How-to Find a Book or DVD
Quick Guide to Finding a Book or DVD at WPL:
1. Search the catalog at NextKansas.org.
2. Click on the title you want.
3. If it is at Winchester Public Library, you can request a hold or find it in the stacks.
4. If it is at a different library, you can request an interlibrary loan.
5. If you need help, all library staff and volunteers are happy to help!
Quick Guide to the WPL Stacks:
New Arrivals, Kansas Collection, and Kansas Notable Books have their own section.
Children’s Books are in the Children’s Corner (southwest corner).
Middle Reader, YA, and Comics/Manga & Graphic Novels are in The Nook (northeast corner).
Board Games are in The Nook
Kids’ & Family DVDs have their own section.
Movies & TV shows are arranged in alphabetical order by title and color coded by genre.
Fiction books are arranged in alphabetical order by author’s last name.
Biographies & Memoirs are arranged in alphabetical order by subject’s last name.
Nonfiction books are in the back southeast corner.
Nonfiction books and documentaries are arranged by subject using the Dewey Decimal System.
Dewey Decimal System:
000s – Computer Science, Information, & General works
100s – Philosophy & Psychology
200s – Religion
300s – Social Sciences
400s – Language
500s – Science
600s – Technology
700s – Arts & Recreation
800s – Literature
900s – History & Geography